Energy-efficient hoods increase production
During the last months Bellmer has planned and modernized the PM 1 dryer section of PAPELES ULTRA in Mexico in order to achieve a 10% increase in the entire product range. The goal of this project has been successfully achieved!
The following conversion work was carried out:
- New hoods for the pre- and post-drying sections made of removable insulating panels. In this way, practically all heat losses are eliminated by convection and heat radiation of the external surfaces.
- Heat recovery systems for the hood exhaust air on both hoods through the installation of two heat exchangers/air exchangers.
- Blower boxes for pocket ventilation distributed over the two dryer section hoods.
- Ventilation equipment on both hoods for automatic dew point control and ensuring optimum energy efficiency.
- Conversion of the steam and condensate system with implementation of a cascade control concept to minimize steam consumption along the dryer section.
During the course of the project and the commissioning, the good cooperation between PAPELES ULTRA and Bellmer contributed to the implementation of the target specification of a 10% increase in production. The entire plant is designed for future operating conditions, with a further increase in production being realistic.